Foster Angels Program & Marketing Fall Intern
Reports to: Communications Director & Senior Program Manager
Position Status: Intern
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week; paid
Position Overview & Basic Function:
Gain excellent career and resume-building experience and be part of a wonderful cause that helps hundreds of foster children in Austin and Central Texas. This is a unique opportunity for a very hands-on internship experience with a small nonprofit. Intern will work closely with the Communications Director and Senior Program Managers. Basic functions will include processing incoming requests from children in the foster care system, events, marketing, social media and daily clerical duties (data entry, managing mail, answering phone, etc).
- Program – assist program team with weekly request program which could include fulfilling requests, maintaining up to date backend system log with requests, receipts & thank you notes.
- Event Planning – assist Communications Director with awareness tablings, our annual Toys for Teens drive, and our largest fundraiser of the year – the Shining Stars Luncheon.
- Marketing – Work with Communications Director to learn social media production, provide information for collateral materials, web content and e-newsletters.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Detail – oriented and ability to multi-task on various projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal & written communications skills
- Self Starter who can work work independently
- Effective time management, able to meet deadlines & reliable
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and Canva
- Interested in the non-profit sector/child welfare system
- Offers are contingent upon background check
- Must be able to meet in office at least once a week (either Tuesday or Thursday)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be 18 years or older and currently enrolled or a graduate of a college or university
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Intern Cover Letter & Resume” on the subject line.
The mission of Foster Angels of Central Texas is to improve the lives of children in foster care, ensuring that each child has his or her basic needs met, and to provide life-enriching and life-enhancing experiences whenever possible.