Reports to: Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Position Status: Full-time
Position Overview & Basic Function:
Foster Angels of Central Texas (FACT) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children in foster care. We are committed to ensuring children in care have their basic needs met and whenever possible provide life enhancing opportunities to help create a sense of normalcy. FACT is searching for a Senior Program Manager who is looking for an exciting opportunity to oversee the Guide to Thrive program that supports young people who have experienced time in foster care and are working towards independence. The position will oversee the strategic direction, development and implementation of all Guide to Thrive programs. In addition, the Senior Manager will provide outreach and advocacy in order to ensure the community is aware of assistance/services provided by FACT. This includes attending conferences, Preparation for Adult Living (PAL) meetings and participating in various workgroups deemed appropriate.
- Oversee all aspects of the Guide to Thrive program which includes Bright Angel Scholars, Keys to
Success, Housing Pilot, Port Aransas Fishing Trip and ongoing daily requests for youth aging out of the
foster care system.
- Program development including creating processes, procedures and policies to optimize existing
- Creating and updating logic models, one-pagers, web content, and impact reports for all Guide to
- Monitor and report on program performance, including impact and outcomes.
- Identifying new program partners and stewarding existing partnerships
- Identify and implement best practices in program management to continuously improve program
- Help build out Guide to Thrive program calendar for the year.
- Help strengthen partnership with the PAL Program under Child Protective Services (CPS) and assist in
planning various events throughout the year.
- Ensure requests are filled in a timely manner & logs are updated accordingly.
- Manage and build relationships with the foster care community, including CPS caseworkers,
community partners, court system and foster care liaisons.
- Assist grant team with writing, reviewing and providing data for program-specific funding
- Assist in providing content to Communications Director to share on social media platforms, newsletter
and printed materials where appropriate.
- Work in partnership with program team on additional projects including our Back to School and Toys
for Teens Drive.
- Work with Executive Director & Communications Director to help promote the mission of Foster Angels
- Support Executive Director, Board of Directors and Program team with other projects deemed necessary
Required Knowledge & Skills
- An interest in and commitment to Foster Angel’s mission to help children in foster care
- Detail–oriented and ability to multitask on various projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal & written communications skills
- Ability to work independently while being a good team player
- Effective time management, able to meet deadlines & reliable
- Honest and trustworthy
- Strong problem-solving, priority-setting and decision-making skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Social Work (BSW/MSW) with 5+ years related work experience with underserved youth preferred
Preferred Knowlege & Skills
- Experience in foster care system, benefits and resources for aged out youth
- Trauma-Informed training a plus but additional training will be provided upon hire
- Attend key events throughout the year including
- Some nights and weekend work required for programming events
- Background check; Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Health Insurance, Simple IRA, flexible paid time off & work remote options
- Commitment to work-life balance
- Collaborative, knowledge sharing and supportive team dynamic
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter and 3 references to email@example.com. Please
reference “Thrive INTEREST” in the Subject line. Deadline to apply is June 15, 2023.
Foster Angels of Central Texas is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.