Program & Events Coordinator Job Description
Reports to: Program & Marketing Managers
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Status: Part-time; possibility to increase hours; flexible work from home options
Position Overview & Basic Function:
Foster Angels of Central Texas (FACT) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children in foster care. We are committed to ensuring children in care have their basic needs met and whenever possible provide life-enhancing opportunities to help create a sense of normalcy. Foster Angels is searching for a Program & Events Coordinator who is looking for an exciting opportunity to support our program, marketing and development team. Main duties will include support at fundraising events, marketing support and several key programs including Keys to Success, Back to School and Toys for Teens.
- Under the direction of the Senior Program Manager for Guide to Thrive, be responsible for the Keys to Success (KTS) program to assist young adults to obtain their driver’s license and purchasing a vehicle. Will have the opportunity to build out policies & procedures for KTS and develop partnerships with car dealerships and other collaborators
- Assist Program Managers with annual events including Toys for Teens holiday program, Back to School drive, Caseworker Appreciation, fishing trip and other events as needed.
- Assist Marketing Manager with creating content for social media platforms, newsletter and printed materials where appropriate
- Attend outreach events to share the mission and work of FACT
- Assist Executive Director & Marketing Manager with fundraising events
- Respond to in-kind donation inquiries and coordinate pick-up and delivery
- Support staff with other projects deemed as necessary
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- An interest in and commitment to Foster Angel’s mission
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask on various projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal & written communications skills
- Ability to work independently while being a good team player
- Effective time management, ability to meet deadlines & reliable
- Honest and trustworthy
- Strong problem-solving, priority-setting and decision-making skills
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Trauma-Informed training is a plus but additional training will be provided upon hire
- General understanding of social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Working knowledge of Canva to design reports, social media posts, and more.
- Background check; Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Must be available for specific dates throughout the year including – August 1-6, December 4-9
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter and 3 references to email@example.com or fill out the form below. Please reference “Program & Events Coordinator INTEREST” in the Subject line. The deadline to apply is April 15, 2022.