Foster Angels Program & Marketing Intern
Reports to: Program Manager & Senior Marketing Manager
Time Commitment:10-15 hours per week remotely; Paid internship
Position Overview & Basic Function:
Gain excellent career and resume-building experience and be part of a wonderful cause that helps hundreds of foster children in Austin and Central Texas. This is a unique opportunity for a very hands-on internship experience with a small nonprofit. This intern will work remotely with the Program Manager and Senior Marketing Manager. Basic functions will include processing and logging requests from children in foster care, assisting with any virtual events, marketing & social media efforts, and other clerical duties. Because this intern will work remotely due to the covid-19 pandemic, they will need to be available for weekly meetings with the staff via zoom to talk about their workload and learn from the staff.
- Program – assist Program Director with weekly requests, which could include fulfilling requests, shopping, delivering completed requests to caseworkers, maintaining up-to-date backend system log with requests, receipts & thank you notes.
- Event Planning –assist Program Manager with the planning of Toys for Teens Drive, Backpack drive, and other events that may take place throughout the semester.
- Marketing – assist with social media, collateral materials, and online communications – which include our monthly email newsletter. Assist in keeping up with our blog and latest foster care trends.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task on various projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal & written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Effective time management, able to meet deadlines & reliable
- Must be proficient in Google Applications (Drive, Docs, Sheets etc.) Canva, (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, or Photoshop a plus)
- Interested in the non-profit sector/advocating for children in foster care
- Offers are contingent upon background check
- Must have your own laptop + access to wifi
- Must be 18 years or older and currently enrolled or a graduate of a college or university
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “FACT Intern Cover Letter & Resume” on the subject line.