Did you know that last year there were 718 allegations of abuse or neglect in Central Texas and 8,084 children in foster care?
Here are just a few ways you can help prevent child abuse this month:
- Know how to recognize signs of child abuse defined by Child Protective Services.
- If you see any signs of abuse REPORT IT to the Department of Family Protective Services. The hotline to report abuse is 1-800-252-4500
- Take advantage of amazing community programs at the Center for Child Protection that provide community training on child abuse prevention year-round.
- Wear blue! Blue is the color of child abuse prevention, and when you wear blue this month let the people around you know why!
- Carry the knowledge from this month with you every day, year-round to help make Central Texas a safer place for our children.