Did You Know?
20% of youth that age out of care will become instantly homeless and 50% will become homeless within three months of leaving the foster care system.
In Texas, youth that age out receive free college tuition and 70% state they would like to attend college yet only 2% will obtain a college degree.
70% of young women who age out will become pregnant before they are 21.
These are just a few of the challenges that are associated with young people aging out of foster care. The goal of the Guide to Thrive Program is to help mitigate these outcomes by providing the following:
- Securing long-term stable housing
- Obtaining a driver’s license
- Buying a car through our Keys to Success Program
- Financial assistance for rent, car repairs, groceries, clothing, household items and more
- Mentor matching
- Scholarships for college
- Job & internship opportunities
- Tutoring & academic support
- Assistance to young parents
- Obtaining identification documents
- Financial assistance for educational expenses; computers, books, testing fees
- Someone to talk to
- Referrals to community resources
- Much more!
For more information about the Guide to Thrive program please contact our Youth Support Manager, Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.